Breach attorney, Spencer Pollock joins Felicia for a vigorous discussion of what you must do in order to be prepared for an incident or breach. Learn from the breach attorney perspective.
Spencer is with the well-known firm McDonald Hopkins.
- incident response plan
- tabletop exercises
- must get breach attorney involved before there is an incident
- determine your team in advance
- regulatory enforcement
- multi-state class action lawsuits
- attorney generals getting together to class action effort
- They want to see your policies.
- You must demonstrate your administrative, physical, and technical controls.
- Attestation proof of state is mandatory
You better be able to enable your breach attorney to tell a legally defensible story.
How many data breaches could have been avoided by properly encrypting the data? - 90%